Monday, September 8, 2008

The Windy City and The Gem City

Last week, H and I decided to take a week of vacation! We started off our vaca with going to Chicago last Saturday. It had been a while since we had been to visit my sister and Tim, and thought this would be the perfect time. We also try to go to Wrigley once a year for a game for Justin's birthday. We got to Chicago Saturday afternoon, and headed out to dinner at Graham Elliot. Such a fun restaurant. In lieu of bread, they serve sea salt popcorn! They had me at that, I heart popcorn! The food was wonderful and a very nice ambiance. After dinner, we walked around the city, and enjoyed the beautiful evening!

Sunday, H, myself and Ritu headed to Wrigleyville for breakfast with our friend Parool. From there, H and I headed to the Cubs Game. Man it was a hot one! For August 31, it was extremely warm! Unfortunately, the Cubbies lost, H was sad. We were wiped out after the game, so we hung out in Wrigleyville for a while, and then headed back to Ritu's. That night, we stayed in for dinner and then walked down to Old Town for cupcakes from Twisted Sister's Bakery - yum!

Monday was a day for shopping on Michigan Avenue - fabulous! That evening we went out to dinner. It was hard to find a place open due to Labor Day, which was odd. Tuesday, H and I headed to the beach in the morning, what a beautiful day! We had a great time, it didn't even feel like we were in Chicago! We love visiting my sister and Tim, it is always a wonderful time!

Wednesday we headed back to St. Louis, first stopping by Northern Illinois University to visit my brother in law, Evan.

We received some bad news while we were away, my mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer, so we headed back to Quincy to spend time with the fam. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers as we head down this road to recovery. She is a strong and amazing woman and will come out of this even stronger. We love you Karen!

4 comments:

Christen said...

Oh my gosh - I am so sorry for Justin's mom.

On a lighter note, sounds like you had a great time in Chicago! My dream city...

Mommy said...

I love Chicago and heart popcorn too!

P.S. I will definatley say a little prayer for Justin's mom.

Roma said...

Thank you both.

Jaycie and Randy said...

Justins mom is my prayers!! She is a tough cookie, I wish her the best in her fight!