Monday, September 22, 2008

Lianna to the Lou!























This past weekend, my dear friend Lianna came to visit from Boston. Lianna and I became friends during my year in bean town. We lived next door to each other and worked in the same hospital, it was the most ironic thing ever! We have become very good friends and I feel very lucky to have met her. We had a wonderful time while I lived in Boston, but now that I moved back to the Lou, it is a little harder to get together!

The last time I saw Lianna was when she came to St. Louis for our wedding. Life gets busy and time flies by, it was almost a year since we had seen each other. She came in Thursday night, and the fun started immediately! We began her visit by meeting Mike and Erica at Mosaic for dinner and drinks. It was a great reunion and we had a fabulous time! Of course, once Lianna and I got home, we didn't want to sleep, we stayed up fairly late catching up, looking at wedding albums and dvd's.

Friday morning, dear H had to go to work and we hung out and relaxed, which was great! We decided to spend the day at Forest Park, which we did. We started with lunch at the Boat House and then explored the park, finishing with stopping by H's work to say hi. We went home and got some rest, and then once H got home, we all headed to Cafe Eau for dinner and then back to Forest Park for the balloon glow. Lianna was amazed by this, they don't have this in Boston! From there we headed on a mini-bar crawl, beginning at Molly's, then to Hotshots and finishing at Column's lounge in the Sheraton!

Saturday we again, had a slow start but eventually gathered the energy to head out for the day! We fortunately had beautiful weather so far, so we headed out to St. Charles to hit some of the historical area, festivals and winery! It was so much fun! While at one of the wine shops, we found the game "Wine-opoly", which we of course had to buy. We decided after dinner, we would hang out on the deck, drink wine and play this game! It was so much fun. We learned a lot about different wines!

Lianna had to leave on Sunday (I did try and kidnap so she didn't have to go back, but it didn't work). We had our final outing at Jimmy's on the Park, to enjoy their Sunday Jazz Brunch. From there we did some shopping and then it was time to go. I am so glad she came to visit, and can't wait to see her again in February when we head to Boston for Jackie and Tim's wedding! Thanks Lianna for visiting, I can't wait for our next fun weekend! Here are the pics from the weekend.

The rest of my Sunday was very busy, I headed to my neighbor's memorial service, Randy Ford. He passed in June, and they held an appropriate and amazing service for him. He will be missed dearly. The memorial service truly showed what an amazing person he was and how he impacted so many people. After the service, I headed to Araka for a fundraiser dinner with my very good friends Sonali and Vinay. I met new people, enjoyed wonderful food, and it was all for a good cause.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a great weekend!!
Keep enjoying the weather... Who knows when it will change!

Unknown said...

OMG....great post. I had a blast this weekend!!! Thank you for being the perfect hostess... See you soon.

Mommy said...

Such a good picture of you and the MR!