Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bye Bye Appendix

After a fun January, I decided to start February with appendicitis! I began to have some ailments the day after our fun Food and Wine Experience. It started slow but progressed fairly quickly. On Monday we decided it was time to go to the ED, since the pain was getting worse and it had been 24 hours since it's onset. They did a CT and some blood work and found a stone in my appendix. They wanted to wait and see what happened so they sent me home. That evening I went back to the ED for a surgical consult, and which time they admitted me in the hospital to observe and decide what to do the next morning. Tuesday morning they decided to do exploratory surgery with a possible appendectomy. They did laparoscopic surgery and did take the appendix. I was in the hospital until Wednesday and then finally able to go home! The rest of the week has been spent healing. I am so excited to go back to work tomorrow, I do not do well with not being able to be active! I have restrictions of lifting and straining my core for a couple of weeks, which is really hard to do. You don't realize how many activities you do which require your core. I have soreness but am healing quite well! Thank you for all the thoughts and calls from family and friends!

4 comments:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Can't believe it came on so fast!! Glad you are doing better! We have been thinking of you!

Christen said...

oh my gosh! i had no idea what all happened. glad you are on the mend!

Em and Steve said...

It IS crazy how much you use your core on EVERYTHING! I'm glad you are feeling better!

Mommy said...

Wow, you had surgery! That's so crazy! Too bad that can't deliver babies with Laproscopic surgery. If they could....then you could be all over it since you are a pro at it now! LOL