Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Big 3-0

In February I celebrated my 30th birthday! Woohoooo!!! Well, I wasn't overly excited about this momentous occasion at first, but have grown to like 30.

Since my birthday was a month after starting my new job and not far after my appendectomy, I really hadn't put much thought into planning anything for it. I had left all the planning up to H and my parents. The week before my birthday, many friends were emailing and texting to see what the plan was to celebrate my 30th, and it was nice to re-direct them all to H.

My birthday weekend started off with tickets to the Blues Game on Friday night, courtesy of H.
Saturday night my parents came into town, we had brunch and did some shopping. I was then told dinner would be at 6:30 p.m. but no hints on the location, so I didn't ask any questions and was ready promptly at 6:00 p.m. Not surprisingly, we pulled up to Kemoll's for dinner, my all time favorite restaurant. But, much to my surprise, there was a group of people already there waiting for us! H and the P's planned a full birthday dinner for me. It was fantastic! It was such a nice evening. I was so excited my in-laws came in town for the celebration as well! After a great dinner, we went to Mosaic Lounge for some drinks and dancing! This 30 year old proved to all that age is just a frame of mind, I can still dance the night away, yes I felt it the next morning but wouldn't change it for anything! Thank you for all those who came out, I had a wonderful birthday. If this is foresight into my 30's, I think that it is going to be a great decade! A huge thank you to my wonderful husband and parents for arranging a wonderful celebration, it was perfect!
Below are some pics from the evening, the rest are here.


0 comments: