Thursday, January 29, 2009

Legally Blonde

Last night Erica and I had a much needed girls night -we headed to dinner and to the Fox to see Legally Blonde The Musical.

We went to dinner at Gio's - a new Italian restaurant downtown in the old Dierdorf & Hart's location. We try to support the downtown restaurants and shops so that downtown St. Louis will stay vibrant and not revert back to the way it was in the 90's.

After dinner we headed to the show... all I can say is...OMG..OMG you guys! It was such a cute and fun show! I am glad H did not go with me to this show, he would not have enjoyed it as much as we did. I have been to many shows which were designed after movies, and most of them are good, but not great - kind of the same theory of if you read the book, the movie is never as good. This was an exception. They did a great job with transferring the movie into the musical, without changing too much and keeping the main parts intact. I don't remember the last time I laughed so much!

If you have a chance to see it, please go, especially with a group of girls - boys - sit this one out! It is a lighthearted, fun, and entertaining show.

1 comments:

Christen said...

So glad you loved it! I, too, thought they did a good job of keeping the storyline but switching it up a bit, too.