Monday, August 4, 2008

Welcome August!
















I can't believe that it is already August, the summer has flown by! The last couple of weekends have been nice and relaxing, which was much needed for us. Last weekend we had a Friday date night and went to see the Dark Knight, which was a very cool movie. Unfortunately, I was extremely tired, so much so, I fell asleep at the theater, oops! Other than my early check out from the movie, the rest of the evening was very fun. We went to Solace, off of Washington and 14th, for dinner and then went to the Moolah for the movie. Saturday, I obviously slept in because I was apparently very tired! Saturday we didn't do very much, hung out around the house and went to our friend Luke and Lisa's house that evening. The boys watched a fight and us girls hung out, it was a nice, relaxing evening. Sunday, another day of nothing! It was great!

Last Wednesday, myself and some of my college friends got together for dinner at J. Bucks in Fairview Heights. It was great to see everybody and catch up.

A volleyball update, due to the inclement weather, the last 2 games have been canceled. Hopefully we should be back in business this Thursday!

This past weekend was another low-key weekend. Friday night, we had date night and went to see Boyz II Men at Live off the Levee! It was fabulous! Other than the heat, it was perfect! They played all their greatest hits, and we sure did sing and dance along! Saturday was a day of shopping! My parents came in town, and we went shopping and then out to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Kemoll's. After dinner, our friends, Kyle and Ericka, came from Quincy and a group of us (Justin, Me, Erica O., Kyle and Ericka) headed to Harry's to listen to Dr. Zhivegas and enjoy the beautiful evening. I forgot how much I love Harry's! We used to go there all the time, and I now remember why! It was such a fun night, very much needed! Sunday, H and I shopped for fun home stuff, and decided to organize and de-clutter our condo! It was a lot of fun!

Overall it has been a very mild couple of weeks, on the home front that is. Work has been good, very busy! I am done with my training next week, so I am a little nervous, but excited to make the next move to further my career. I also was approved to sit for the Board of Governor's Exam through ACHE (American College of Health Care Executives), which I am very excited about. I will start studying for that this summer in order to take the exam before the holidays! H has been busy with work as well! He is loving working downtown, makes his commute very effortless, and his days not as long! It has been a fun summer, but I am ready for the Fall!

Pictures from the last couple weekends to come!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

No wonder you were so tired! You are such a busy girl!!! I really do not know how you do it?

Christen said...

Yeah yeah yeah I just love your updates! But...I cannot believe you fell asleep in the Dark Knight!