Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fun in the Sun
















































What a fabulous weekend, good weather and a lot of activity! We started off Friday low key, I had to work late so we went to Katie's Pizzeria Cafe, a new pizza parlor in Clayton. If you haven't been there, I would definitely recommend it. Good food and relaxing atmosphere. We both had a pretty long week, so we just relaxed on our deck for the rest of the evening.

Saturday we (H, myself, along with our friends Justin and Katie Venvertloh) began our day with the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. What an amazing event. Whether you have or have not been affected by breast cancer, this event will touch you very deeply. To see the pink shirts, all those affected by breast cancer and the pure drive of those out there was absolutely amazing. It is something we hope to do for many years to come. I was privileged to do the Race in celebration of Pangarkar Auntie, who is like a second mother to me, and my friend Lianna's Grandmother. They both were diagnosed with Breast Cancer and are survivors.
(Pictures to come-courtesy of Katie Venvertloh).

After an exciting and inspiring morning, H and I headed out to Forest Park to play some golf (I am in the beginning stages). It was quite the event, we began with a beautiful, breezy afternoon, I struggled through the first few holes and then down came the rain, rain and more rain. Eventually it cleared it, and we finished the round. To finish the day, we enjoyed an evening at Jen and Ryan's condo for a bar-b-q.

Today, we decided to re-organize our condo, which has been fun! Re-arranging furniture, hanging pictures and re-painting the half bath! I can't wait until it's all done! All in all it was a great weekend!

4 comments:

Christen said...

Congrats on your good deeds and productivity! See you Friday. :-)

Roma said...

Thank you! See you Friday, can't wait!

Lindsey said...

I love reading all of the fun things that you do! Such a busy girl!!! Miss you lots!

Unknown said...

Thanks again for your support of our family and my Nonnie! you are the greatest! I miss you guys