Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More than half way

Justin's mom has been staying with us during her radiation therapy, she has 2 more weeks left, and then we will have hit the 75% mark of treatment, the last phase will be reconstruction. We feel very fortunate that we live so close to the hospital to be able to help during the treatment. She is doing great, her spirits are high, and she is ready to be done! We have had some trouble with some of the techs and the quality of their work this time around, but I think we have them on track now and will sail through the rest of this. MIL has been feeling pretty good, a little tired and some side effects, but all in all, not to bad. We will be having a big party when she is done with all of it!

2 comments:

Em and Steve said...

I'm glad to hear she is toughing it out. I remember how hard radiation was on my mom (even though she didn't want us to know). I'm proud of you guys for being such a solid foundation for her. You have to know it helps her a lot! Love you guys!

Mommy said...

So happy to hear that Justin's mom is doing well. I am sure that she appreciates everything you both are doing for her. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.