Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Congratulations Mr. Timothy & Mrs. Jacquie Miranda

The first week of February, H and I headed to Boston to celebrate the marriage of our friends Tim and Jacquie. I met Jacquie while I was doing my fellowship at Newton-Wellesley Hospital in Boston. This was the first trip to Bean Town since I moved back to the Lou. It was such a wonderful trip, a beautiful wedding, and so great to catch up with old friends.

Those that know me well, know I loved my time in Boston, if most of our family and friends didn't live in the Midwest, we would live out there in a heart beat (well, I would persuade H). I have always loved the East Coast and am so happy I took the year to live out there and have the experiences I did. I met some amazing people, learned so much, and had a fabulous time! It was very scary when I first moved out there because I didn't know a soul, but that changed very quickly. I have made some lifelong friends there, and miss them all the time! It was one of those experiences I hope everybody is able to have in their lifetime.

Here is a rundown of what we did during our short visit:

  • Visited with friends
  • Trip to Newton-Wellesley
  • Shopping at the fabulous Natick mall
  • Dinner at Legal Sea Foods - yum!
  • Drinks at Union Street - this place was 1 block from my old apartment, and my favorite place ever!
  • The wedding and reception - it took place at this beautiful estate in the suburbs of the city. It was a small, and elegant wedding and reception. We had an amazing time!
Below are some pics from the weekend, the rest are here:

H & Lianna at the Reception


The happy couple and the NWH girls!


Myself, Lianna & Monique at Legal Sea Foods


NWH girls at the Hilton


Me in front of my old apartment building


The reception

2 comments:

Christen said...

So much fun! I know how you feel about going back somewhere and seeing old friends. So hard!

The Shirley Family said...

you all look great...tell Lianna she looks Fabulous especially with that huge smile :)
Jen